Digg launched its new toolbar yesterday named as DiggBar. Using this new Digg toolbar, you can easily create short URLs directly from toolbar. You can easily access this toolbar by just typing digg.com/ before the URL of any web page to create a short URL.
(Click on the image to enlarge)
Features of DiggBar:
- Now you can Digg directly on the destination site. No more awkward toggling between the story page and Digg. I always wanted a feature like this as it consumes time to Digg stories by referring to Digg page.
- DiggBar allows you to create a shortened Digg URL which use can use to easily share stories on social sites like Twitter, Facebook etc.
- You can check how many times a story has been viewed
- It also allows you to view the comments directly on the story page. When you click on the ‘Comments’ button it expands the DiggBar to show the top comment, latest comment, and most controversial without leaving the page.
- New Digg toolbar allows you to view related stories.
- Now we have one more choice other than stumbleupon toolbar. DiggBar has a feature similar to stumbleupon toolbar which allows you to view an entirely new and unexpected story by clicking on ‘Random’ button.
Make short Digg links and add a DiggBar on any page on the web using this handy bookmarklet. Install it as a bookmark and, when you find a page you want to submit or share, just click the bookmark and it will load the page with a DiggBar at the top!
If you don’t want to use this bookmarklet, then you can add http://digg.com/ before any URL to easily access DiggBar