How to Create Beautiful Arrow Marks on Images using Photoshop

by Simrandeep Singh on May 10, 2009

I always use arrow marks on images whenever I write a post about some tutorials. It makes readers to understand tutorials easy. One of my readers asked me in a comment how to create these arrow marks. So here is a tutorial to create arrow marks on images using Adobe Photoshop.

Create Arrow Marks using Photoshop

1. First of all, you must download layer styles to give a beautiful look to arrow marks. My friend Gagan posted some good layer styles, click here to download these layer styles.

2. Now open Adobe Photoshop and load layer styles. If you don’t know how to load layer styles in Photoshop, look at the screenshot below:

3. Now select Custom Shape Tool from Tools window at the left side.

4. After selecting custom shape  tool, select Arrow from Shapes from top menu.

5.Now open any image on which you want to make arrow marks and simply draw an arrow of required size. To give it a beautiful design, simply select any layer style from layers on right side bar.

6. To rotate the arrow, first select Move Tool and after that click on Show Transform Controls.

7. Now you can easily rotate the arrow.

8. That’s all. Save your image. :)

Also Read: Best tutorials to add Bizzare effects to face with Photoshop

Article by

Simrandeep is the owner and editor-in-chief of TricksDaddy. He is a part-time blogger from India. Catch him on Google+, Facebook and Twitter.

Simrandeep has written 538 awesome articles.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Gagan May 11, 2009 at 7:01 am

Thanks for my post link dude :)

Gagan’s last blog post..How To Create Mobile Version Of Website/Blog

P.K.ARUN May 11, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Wow , with this simple course i learnt lot of things … thax for adding this post for my request i now able to do this …. thx once again.

P.K.ARUN’s last blog post..How to Restrict Users from Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete Operations in Windows?

Harsh Agrawal May 12, 2009 at 3:46 am

This is good Simran , though I suggest use software “Snagit”. It’s one of the software which is recommended by most of the blogger. That will make your Image editing very easy,

Harsh Agrawal’s last blog post..5 Wordpress tutorials, 12 wordpress plugins and 3 Premium themes to enhance your Wordpress blog

AboutTricks.com May 12, 2009 at 2:34 pm

yes, i have downloaded it nice one..

Simran May 12, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I’ve downloaded it… Its great :)

Gagan May 13, 2009 at 1:33 pm

hmm never heard of this software. I should try this one out. Thanks :)

Gagan’s last blog post..Permanently Delete Files From Your Computer In A Single Click Of A Mouse Button

Mayur May 13, 2009 at 10:47 pm

Snagit is a useful software for bloggers. I’m really impressed to use it :D

VISHAL May 13, 2009 at 10:02 am

Thanks for the tip dude… You can also use GIMP to edit your images!

VISHAL’s last blog post..Download Vodafone ZooZoo Ringtones!

Hariharakumar May 19, 2009 at 3:48 pm

I just wondered those days how top bloggers are adding nice little arrows to their screenshots. Thanks for the tutorial.