Few days back I’ve shifted my blog from blogger to wordpress. Some users asked about my experience on this shift. So I am writing this post to make your work easier to install your self hosted WordPress blog.
A lots of users are shifting their blogs to wordpress after the Dreamhost’s offer. Dreamhost is giving 2 years of free unlimited hosting for the geocities users. If you are facing some problems in installing your wordpress blog and registering your domain, you must read this post.
I am taking Dreamhost as an example in this post. But this procedure is almost similar for all the hosting providers.
How to install wordpress ?
- Firstly login to your Dreamhost Control Panel.
- Now before doing anything else, register your domain ( If you have already registered your domain, skip this step). To register a domain, click on Register Domains.
- After registering your domain, go to Overview page under Home tab again and click on One-Click Installers.
- Now you have to select Advanced mode to install your wordpress. I am asking to select Advanced mode because in easy mode you can not access the files for the installation.
- After selecting Advanced mode, you have to create database, hostname and username. After that click on Install it for me now!
- Now you will receive a email on your inbox. Follow the first link to create an admin user.
- After clicking on first link in your email, you will be asked to enter your Blog Title and your E-mail. Enter the both details and install wordpress. In the next screen you will get your user name and password.
- Now you can login to your admin account using user name and password.
If you are still facing any problem, you can contact me using contact form.