Blogger.com is the best blogging platform for the newbies to start their blog. I said best as it offers a lot of features for free than any other blogging platform. After moving to WordPress, I realized that it is better than all free blogging platforms but to get a WordPress blog you need to have your own hosting and domain. That’s why blogger is best for those who don’t want to pay for hosting and other charges.
One thing I don’t like in blogger blogs is their comment system. Some users find it difficult to leave comments using the comment form of blogger whereas the comment form of WordPress is easy to use and it also looks attractive. Here I’ve collected three alternatives to blogger’s default comment system. You can use any of these on your blog to give a WordPress style look to your blogger blog.
1. DISQUS : Disqus makes commenting easier and more interactive, while connecting websites and commenters across a thriving discussion community. Disqus offers lots of benefits to publishers, bloggers as well as to commenters and readers.The main features of Disqus are:
- Threaded comments and comment ratings
- Powerful moderation and admin tools
- Filter out spam, trolls, and unwanted commenters
- Moderation by email or mobile
- Track and manage comments and replies
- Increased exposure and readership
Disqus offers automated as well as manual installation of comment system to your blog. You can also integrate it to WordPress, Tumblr, Movable type, TypePad and other platforms.
2. IntenseDebate : IntenseDebate is my favorite. It offers a lots of features like comment threading, reply by email, email notifications, commenter profiles, moderation/blacklisting, reputation points and comment voting etc. You can about full features here. You can also give your commenters the option to send a simultaneous tweet when they post a comment. It’s a great way to let your commenters spread the word about your site and drive new traffic and comments. IntenseDebate also offers full Gravatar support like in WordPress. 🙂
3. JS-Kit Comments : JS-Kit Comments also offers features like moderation, content filtering, notifications. You can customize its look and feel using basic themes and theme customizations. It also offers you pagination system. You can enable pagination and set a maximum number of comments per page. You can read more about its features here.