I have recently shifted my blog from Dreamhost to Hostgator. While I was on Dreamhost, I faced too many problems in my database. WP-Optimize is one of the plugins that helped me to optimize and cleanup my database.
WP-Optmize is a great plugin for wordpress blogs that is a database cleanup and optimization tool. It allows you t cleanup your database by removing post revisions, comments in the spam queue, un-approved comments within few clicks. It doesn’t require PhpMyAdmin to optimize your database tables.
- Remove the wordpress post revisions
- Remove all the comments in the spam queue
- Remove all the un-approved comments
- Rename one username to another username, it’s designed to rename default “Admin” user to something else
- Apply mysql optimize commands on your database tables without phpMyAdmin.
- Display Database table statistics. Shows how much space can be optimzied and how much space has been cleared.
Whenever you save a new post or page, wordpress creates a revision of that post or page that consumes some memory on your database. If you edit a post 6 times, you might have 5 copy of that post as revisions. Suppose if your posts or pages are too long then there is a huge number of bytes thats on your MySQL overhead. WP-Optimize helps you by removing not necessary post revisions from the database.