In my last post, I posted about Google Buzz, a new social tool by Google. If you are still unaware of Google Buzz, you can read about it here. Famous tech blogs Mashable and TechCrunch already started adding the Google Buzz buttons into their posts. Now you can also add Buzz this button to your WordPress blog.
To make this button work, your Google reader account must be connected with Google Buzz account. If you already have a Google reader account then it must be already connected with your Google Buzz account.
Manually Add Google Buzz Button to WordPress blog
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Now go to Theme editor and open the single.php file.
- Copy and paste the following code in single.php file where you want the button to appear :
<a href="http://www.google.com/reader/link?url=<?php the_permalink() ?>&title=<?php the_title(); ?>&srcURL=<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>" target="_blank" rel="nofollow external"><img src="http://img2.pict.com/15/da/3e/2809374/0/googlebuzz.png" width="50" height="58" alt="" /></a>
- Click on Update file button.
Google Buzz WordPress Plugin
For those who do not want to mess with the coding of the theme can download Google Buzz wordpress plugin developed by ClickOnF5
- Download Google Buzz wordpress plugin from here.
- Unzip and upload the plugin to your plugins folder.
- Activate the plugin from Plugins dashboard.
- Now you can see Google Buzz button at the bottom of your posts on single pages.
The image used in this button is hosted on Pict. You should download and upload it to your own server for faster loading. So, this was a little tutorial to show how to add Google Buzz button to WordPress blog.