BSNL broadband needs to be connected with dial-up connection when you want to surf internet. The wireless modem can’t be configured automatically with BSNL broadband. Some users may find it difficult to configure wireless router. Few days back I purchased Netgear wireless modem. In this tutorial I’ll share the procedure to configure Netgear Wireless Modem with BSNL modem.
How to configure Netgear Wireless Modem
- Connect the Netgear wireless router to power outlet and to your existing BSNL modem and turn on the power.
- Connect your laptop with wireless connection. The name of the connection will be NETGEAR (By default).
- Now open http://www.routerlogin.net in your internet browser. It will ask your to enter user name and password. You can get the user name and password from the back of the router.
By default :
User name: admin
- Now go to Basic Settings from the left sidebar.
- Now basic settings page will open in the middle. Under Does your Internet Connection Require A Login ?, Select Yes and move further.
- Now fill in your Login id and Password that you use to connect to your internet. Do not change the rest of the settings. Click on Apply button.
- That’s all to set up your wireless router.
How to Secure your Connection
The wireless setup that you did is not secure. Anybody can use your internet connection who is in the range So it is better to secure it with a security key.
- Click on the Wireless Settings on the left side.
- Now in the middle, you can change the name of your wireless network and the region. At the bottom of this select your desired mode of Security Option. I will select WPA-PSK [TKIP] here.
- Enter the Passphrase that will be used as security key to connect to your wireless connection.
- Now your wireless connection is secure.
If you find any difficulties you can leave your comments here