Twitter the micro blogging site has gained momentum to a large extent over the years. Today, in the context of social networking, Twitter is referred along with Facebook. Everybody seeks the potential Twitter has with its equivalent when they look for a medium to communicate. The Twitter service has social networking, instant messaging and micro-blogging features. It is designed for the people in general and also for the business community.
Twitter is popular among bloggers, techies, online marketers who are keen to promote their business and products online. People can stay connected with their family and friends with quick messages.
In this article, I’ve tried to bring out the six reasons why need to choose Twitter and how it can prove beneficial to you.
1. Twitter to make connections: Twitter allows you to stay in touch with your family, friends, colleagues at work and business partners in any part of the world. You can tweet your updates from anywhere and checkout what your friends are upto. If you are new to Twitter, use the Find People link on your Home page and search for people. You will be able to search by location and also by the choice of words used in their profile.
2. Real time information: Many people prefer to share on Twitter because they found real-time information more useful. For example while you shop, you tweet about the freebies given at the shop. This real-time information conveys an interesting news and conversations among friends begin. This type of information is valuable than an older or outdated one.
3. 140 characters @Twitter: A tweet measures just 140 characters of informal communication which means you convey a specific informal message. Twitter allows people to give updates briefly. As the tweet’s strength is minimum, a reader finds brevity in that. Tweeting in Twitter is super fast and easy to read. You can post updates frequently using the website on your PC or Mac or on an iPhone. Twitter is a communication tool which has the rapid response characteristic.
4. Power of re-tweet: When you press the re-tweet button for any tweet, you share and spread the tweet with the Twitter community. You can tweet your blogs and see how it spreads like a wild-fire. Followers who find your blogs worthy may re-tweet to their followers and the network grows on.
5. Tools to find friends: It is essential that we keep up with people in order to get business updates that can help us enhance our business. Here is a list of tools that will complement with Twitter and give the best network. Select the Twitter search tool that you want to use.
- TweepSearch: This tool allows you to perform a specific search from the list of people following you.
- Twellow: You can find people related to your industry with the help of the Twellow tool. As you can find people organized according to their industry, you can search for the desired people and choose to follow them.
- Twitter Local: Get updates from people based on location with Twitter Local.
- Twitter Search: Twitter Search tool is similar to Google search. When you search for a term, the search results lists the tweets which has the term or is a combination of terms. You can also search by Hashtag to view all Tweets with that tag. Advanced Search options offers specific search facility. Use the Advanced Search option to search based on people, location, attitude or links.
6. Promote your blog and social bookmarking submissions: If you have a blog and would like to promote it, Twitter can help you to a great extent. You can tweet with a link to your latest blog post.
Your blog tweet can bring more followers to your profile and instant responses in the form of views. You can also explore other blogs available in Twitter. Discover new authors and add them to your feed reader. Read through the different blog posts and if you think you can better them, ask for suggestions and get ideas from tweets. In Twitter you can request votes for your submissions at Digg and add votes for people who you feel deserve a vote for their submission at sites like StumbleUpon or Delicious.