iOS 7 was revealed to us on Monday 10th June, as part of the keynote speech at Apple’s WWDC. Beta 1 was released to developers at the same time, followed 2 weeks later by Beta 2. The initial testing of the new firmware proved to be quite buggy and threw up some quite serious issues. Yesterday IOS 7 Beta 3 was pushed out to developers, initially as an OTA update. It is now available through the Apple Development Center for those who are registered. Beta 3 brings quite a lot of new features with it and fixes to many of the bugs discovered during testing of Beta 1 and 2. For those that are registered, you can ether visit the developer center and download the update or you can do it in one of these ways:
OTA (Over The Air)
- Launch Settings
- Tap on General >Software Update
- Make sure you are connected via Wi-Fi and tap on Download and Update when your Phone detects the new software
- Your iPhone will update to iOS 7 Beta 3
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and launch iTunes
- Select your device from the list
- Click on Help on the navigation bar and select Check for Updates
- Click on Download and Update on the message that pops up
- iTunes will now upgrade your iPhone to iOS 7
- Download iOS 7 Beta 3 IPSW for your device
- Connect you PC and iPhone and open iTunes
- Select your device and then press SHIFT and click on Update simultaneously
- Point to the iOS 7 IPSW
- iTunes will upgrade your iPhone
iOS 7 Beta 3 Features :
Beta 3 includes a lot of enhancements and upgrades to existing features, along with a few new features as well. Developers are being given a third-party preview of the new Xcode, version 5. Some of the fonts have been redesigned to be more readable and status bar icons are now a bit bigger on the lock screen. Siri has been revamped again, along with the Music, Calendar and Mail apps.
Users can now continue using apps while updates are for existing ones are being downloaded. Other new features in IOS 7 include a new Control Center, upgraded Notification Center and an overhauled App Switcher. You can see a full list of iOS 7 features here, including those that are very similar in nature to existing jailbreak tweaks.
iOS 7 Jailbreak Update :
On the subject of jailbreaking, the development of an untethered utility for iOS 7 is underway. Both evad3rs and P0sixninja appear to be working on one but it’s thought that the main one will be evasi0n, upgraded to support the new firmware. It will not be released until after the new firmware has been made public, which is expected to happen sometime in the fall, alongside one or more of the new devices that Apple has planned. There has also been talk of a bootrom exploit by P0sixninja, although this has now been denied.
Stay up to date with the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and RSS Feed.
This is a guest post by Sourish Nath who blogs about Apple and Android products specifically targeting tutorisla about iPhone Jailbreak. You can read his blog updates on JailbreakModo.com