Apple’s iOS is, without a doubt, the most popular mobile platform and one of the reasons why is because it can be jailbroken. Instead of sticking with the stock features that Apple provides, we can modify and change our devices to work how we want them to. One of those things is to give the stock apps better functionality and more features but, with an iOS 10 jailbreak proving to be elusive, that option is now gone for many users. One solution while we wait for the next jailbreak is called Extensify and Extensify Helper.
Image : Extensify Helper
Extensify doesn’t actually modify the stock apps; instead you build a modified version of the app using tweaks or Exos as they are called. Once the app has been built you download it and use instead of the official version. This makes it easy to use and easy to delete if you decide you don’t want to use the modified app any longer.
Image : Extensify App
How to Download and Install :
If you are still on iOS 9.2.1 you do not need to use a computer to download Extensify; simply follow our tutorial and it will work. Anything newer than iOS 9.2.1 requires a computer and the use of an app called Extensify Helper
- Download Extensify Helper for Windows or Mac
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer because Extensify Helper needs it to work. (it doesn’t need to be running on your computer, just installed)
- Plug your iOS device in to your Mac or PC
- If a Trust This Computer message appears, click Trust
- Shut down any other screens that pop up
- Click on the drop down menu and choose Install Extensify
- Click on Start
- Wait for your computer to download and install Extensify on your iOS device
- When the process is complete, the Extensify icon will be available on your home screen
Extensify is a free app but, like Cydia, some of the tweaks may be charged for. However, there aren’t many of these and most are free; those that do charge are not expensive.
Tell us what you think of Extensify and Extensify helper. Will you use it or would you prefer to wait for a full jailbreak to be released ? For more of the latest news, tips, and tricks, follow us on Facebook; we will send the updates straight to your inbox.