Cydia is the reason why we jailbreak, the store where we go to the apps and tweaks we need to modify our iOS devices to how we want them, to give our stock apps more features and get around the security chains that Apple binds the iOS in. Jailbreakers the world over are eagerly awaiting the next update and we can now tell you how to Download Cydia [ext link] onto your iOS devices and how to stay up to date with the latest jailbreak news.
How to Download Cydia :
There are two options, each providing a different outcome:
- Using Safari browser and your iOS device
- Using PPHelper jailbreak on your iOS device with a computer
Method 1: Safari
This method will suit those of you who can’t jailbreak yet or who don’t want to at the moment but want to be kept up to date with all the latest news. This is not a jailbreak but it will give you easy access to all the latest Cydia [ext link] updates and other jailbreak news via our mobile website, specifically designed to allow you to download the app icon for Cydia. This is done directly on your device and you can delete it whenever you want.
- Launch Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad [ this is the only browser that this method will work on ]
- Go to the address bar, type in downloadcydia.org and then tap on Go
- When our mobile website has loaded, tap the UP arrow [ top right on the iPad and bottom centre on the iPhone ]
- Some options will appear at the bottom of the page, tap the middle on, Add to Home Screen
- You must now rename the app icon so type Cydia in the space provided and tap Add
- Shut Safari and the new icon will be saved on your home page
Video: This walks you through the above steps
Method 2 : PPHelper Jailbreak
To get the fully working version of Cydia onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you will need to jailbreak it using PPHelper jailbreak. You can find all the information you need about PPHelper, including a full step by step tutorial on how to install it at the link below:
- PPHelper [ Full Tutorial ]
If you do install PPHelper jailbreak on your iOS device, do let us know what you think of it and how you get on. For more updates and the latest Cydia news, follow us on Facebook.