WordPress allows bloggers to easily add any functionality to their blog using various WordPress plugins. Bloggers can also easily add advertisement banners, insert Google Adsense and other publisher advertisement codes into their blog without messing with codes using plugins.
Here are 12 different WordPress plugins to effectively manage advertisements on your blog.
12 WordPress Plugins To Manage Advertisements
AddRoate is a really simple way of putting ads on your website/blog. You can easily add and manage the code from your dashboard and show a random banner or multiple banners. The best feature that I found in this plugin is that you can tarck the number of page impressions and clicks directly from your dashboard. You can set the time period for which you want to display the banners.
- Easy management of banners and banner groups
- Edit/update banners
- Integrates with WordPress dashboard and has a user-friendly, easy to manage dashboard
- Review which banner is shown the most
- Track how many a banner is clicked and show its Cick-Through-Ratio
- Put random, or selected, banners in pages or posts
WP125 is best plugin to display ads of size 125×125. If you have got some direct advertisers then you have to manually edit your theme to put the ad code and then head over to your favorite calendar app to set an alert to remind you when to take the ad down. These all are time-consuming tasks. WP125 plugin can help you manage your ads more effectively, leaving you with more time to write new posts. WP125 supports one or two column ad display. You can keep track of how many times an ad is clicked.
- One or two column ad display, and support through template tags to implement your own unconventional design.
- Show as many ads as you want, and in either manual or random order.
- Keep track of how many times an ad is clicked.
- When creating a new ad, you don’t have to calculate the end date yourself. Just input how many days you wish the ad to run for, and the correct date will be applied. The ad will be automatically taken down when the time comes.
- When an ad run is over, the record is archived on the Inactive ads screen, so you can check on the final click count, or revive the ad for another run.
- When an ad slot is empty, a placeholder ad of your choice will be displayed. This could be a “Your Ad Here” image linking to a page with statistics and pricing, or an affiliate link.
- Optionally receive email notifications when an ad expires. Useful if you send follow-up messages to advertisers, or if you just want to stay in the know.
This plugin manages and rotate Google Adsense and other ads on your WordPress blog. It automatically recognises many ad networks including Google Adsense, Adbrite, Adify, AdGridWork, Adpinion, Adroll, Chitika, Commission Junction, Crispads, OpenX, ShoppingAds, Yahoo!PN and WidgetBucks.
- Import ad code automatically
- Widgets and sidebar modules compatible
- Automatic limiting of ad display to meet network terms and conditions (e.g. Google Adsense 3 units/page)
WhyDoWork Adsense is a WordPress plugin that allows you to insert Adsense ads on your blog without modifying the template.You can also set it up to show different Adsense ads fr articles older than X days ( X is the number of days you decide). For example, you can insert a 468×60 ad at the bottom of a new article, and once that article turns 7 days old it will have a more aggressive 336×280 ad blended with the text from the beginning of that article. This way your regular readers will not be bothered by your ads, while visitors coming to older posts from search engines or other sources, will see a version that is monetized better. Another feature is the ability to exclude ads wherever you like based on post id, or by using our no-adsense tag.
Wp-Insert is the most powerful yet easiest to use WordPress ad management plugin which does a lot more than ad management.
- Allows copy/past of html, Adsense and other ads code
- Insert Ads above the content
- Insert Ads below the content
- Insert Ads in the middle of the content (Automatically adjusts to the length of content eliminating ads on short posts)
- Insert Ads to the left of the post
- Insert ads to the right of the post
- Option to show/hide ads on Home Page
- Option to show/hide ads on Archive/Category/Tag Pages
A page peel advertisement is usually shown at the top right corner of the page which is represented as folded paper. When you hover that advertisement you will see a bigger advertisement. This plugin easily adds web 2.0 flash Page Peel ad to your WordPress blog. It preloads the bigger image so you won’t get delay before displaying image when you hover the ad like in ordinary page peel scripts.
BuySellAds WordPress plugin help you to easily integrate your BusSellAds zones and includes anti-adblock measures to help prevent AdBlock from blocking BuySellAds advertisements.
- Easy Buy Sell Ads zone integration. All you need is a zone ID!
- Anti-AdBlock protection.
- Buy Sell Ads widget that support multiple zones.
- Ability to disable “Advertise Here” box when no ad is present.
- Ability to nofollow advertisement links.
- Ability to specify pre/post zone HTML.
- Ability to specify pre/post widget HTML.
Sponsors Slideshow Widget:
This plugin is designed to be used as sponsors slide show widget. It can display a certain link category as slideshow in the sidebar. It automatically excludes the chosen slideshow category from the WordPress internal links widget.
AdMangler is the best ad space management plugin you can find anywhere. AdMangler is flexible allowing you to control your ad space the way you want to control it. Whether you wish to display Adsense style ads, upload banner ads, sell your adspace or mix it up and do a little of everything then AdMangler has you covered. AdMangler also has stats for you to keep an eye on how your ads are being served.
- Add and remove Generic HTML Ads
- Displaying Ads using the AdMangler Widget
- Displaying ads using template files syntax
- Displaying ads using content area syntax
- Front-end registration form (Advertisers will sign up here)
- Front-end login form (Advertisers will login here)
- Front-end reset password form (Advertisers will use this to request password resets)
Easy Adsense provides a very easy way to generate revenue from your blog using Google Adsense.
Smart Ads automatically inserts advertisements like Google’s Adsense above and below your post content. These advertisements are only visible when viewing a single post (single.php or page.php). Since it doesn’t make sense to fill small posts with ads, users can set a “Wordcount” minimum for their advertisements. Smart Ads will only insert advertisements into posts that meet or exceed the desired Wordcount. Also, to ensure that new content remains fresh, users can choose to only place ads on posts that are over a certain amount of days old. Advertisements can be manually disabled on a post-by-post basis while writing a post, by category, or for registered blog members.
Author Advertising Plugin:
This plugin allows blog admins to create a revenue sharing program utilising one of the many advertising programs out there i.e. Yahoo, Google Adsense, Amazon, Allposters etc. It can also be used as a banner manager.
Adsense Stats :
Adsense Stats is a widget for WordPress to display detailed statistics about your Google Adsense earnings without requiring login into your Google account.
I have tried most of the plugins you mention above and I opted for Adrotate. It’s plain and simple, yet gets the job done with no hassle or issues. I even wrote a post about it, you can read more about it over at my blog.
.-= George Serradinho´s last blog ..Save the Environment with Online Leaf WordPress Plugin =-.
I have also tried AdRotate plugin. Its really a useful plugin 🙂
thats a really nice list.
.-= Sushant´s last blog ..Aston Martin + Recession = Cygnet =-.
Thanks for posting this list. Am planning to diversify my blog income sources and am going to try some of this tools.
.-= Constantine´s last blog ..2009 Honolulu Marathon Race Photos : Pictures : Images =-.
You can also check a similar article of mine –
.-= Rajesh Kanuri @ TechCats´s last blog ..Best WordPress Plugins To Maximize Your Adsense Earnings =-.
Thanks friend for the list.
.-= Anish K.S´s last blog ..Orpat P-51 Mobile â€“ Features =-.
Thanks for the list, I have been looking for one to paste flash code into what do you recommend for that?
.-= Justin F´s last blog ..Aliens, did they build the pyramids? =-.
great set up plugins. i added this page link to my wp blog.
.-= alex´s last blog ..Ways To Find Someone For No Charge =-.
WhyDoWork is one of my favorites that I use on some smaller sites.
.-= Susan´s last blog ..Picco =-.
Good and useful collection of wordpress plugins, Simran. Useful information indeed!!
.-= Health n Fitness Care´s last blog ..DARK CIRCLES UNDER EYES: CURE AND PREVENTION TIPS =-.
Good list, i appreciate the time you took to put it together.
.-= yoga dvds´s last blog ..Supplement Your Yoga Training with Top Yoga DVDs =-.
Exactly hit ratio is directly affected by ad placement so U have to follow all these plugins and increase your hit ratio………..I have a list of plugins also just configure that plugins and increase your click………
.-= jai prakash´s last blog ..Sharing is sexy bookmarks covers wordpress and blogspot =-.
great post. thanks for this information
Thank for the list buddy. It will come in very handy.
useful post , i tried easy adsense it’s a scam plug-in as its author forced a share revenue percentage even if you reset it to zero
but now after a tired search i use now a quick adsense plug-in it’s simple and dont stealing your adsense clicks 🙂
i was searching for such plugin s this was really useful for me
although im not making money but i was looking for some plugins to manage ads to make my blog more attractive
I love the plug ins but have little time to try them all out myself. Thanks for the info!
thanks for the post, I totally dig AdRotate, great find. There is just so many plugins to wade through, it saves time to learn from others.
Thanks for this list. A Blogger often needs to sell his Blog Space for Advertisements. In theis matter these WordPress Plugins assist thge Blogger serving ads on a Blog.
Great list, it can be kind of hard finding the right widgets. I always look for info like this with first hand experience from a objective source.
Thanks for reviewing various plugins and listing out 12 best Plug-ins to effectively manage advertising on WordPress blogs. I want to know about Revenue sharing plugins, are there any alternatives to Author Advertising plugin mentioned here as it is compatible only up to 2.9.2??
Very Informative post for me and for other bloggers. Thanks for sharing Simran
Among the plugins, I like Adrotate very much, nice post, thanks for share
I hope adorate will be nice! Thanks for sharing!