The iPad gives you the mobility that you desire. You can track your social networking, take notes, and publish blog posts from the comfort of wherever you are. You can use your mobile data like the ones from GigSky to upload and publish your blog posts.
Here are nine apps which will make the process easier.
- Blogpress [Free] – Blogpress makes blogging easy. You don’t have to wrestle with pictures or videos, merely upload them with a few touches of a button. You are no longer limited to a single photo or video. Access your photos through your Flickr, BlogPress Public Album or Picasa accounts. Edit your posts using simple HTML. The best part about Blogpress is that you can post your entry to multiple platforms with a single click.
- Kindle for iPad [Free] – Use the Kindle application to read the best books in the world. You can read self-help books in the car or a mystery novel on the train with Kindle. For those unfamiliar words, there is a dictionary at your disposal. Lock your screen’s orientation for reading in bed. You can add highlights, notes and bookmarks for future reference.
- Evernote [Free] – Evernote records snippets of conversation, notes for future use, and blocks of text to your iPad. Write one or a thousand notes to yourself using Evernote. Evernote keeps you organized. Synchronize the iPad and desktop applications for easier use.
- Things for iPad [$19.99] – Things for iPad keeps you organized. You can create projects, add tags and delegate your tasks to a person of your choosing. This application synchs with iCal and your iPhone to keep track of your tasks system wide. If you need a timeline, Things will assist you. You can use your iPad in either portrait or landscape mode.
- Pages [$9.99] – Create award-winning documents using Pages. You can add videos and photos to your presentations, insert charts and tables, and export your documents in PDF format. Add some flair with the smart and dynamic text wrapping. Pages remembers your changes even after you have closed your document. Make your flyers, posters, cards and reports with style using one of the many available templates.
- WordPress [Free] – Your WordPress application is just as easy to use on the iPad as it is on your desktop. WordPress is a robust blogging platform where you can create, edit or preview new blog posts. Geotagging adds more depth to your posts. You can add photos to your posts easily and effectively. You can maneuver between the landscape and portrait modes on your iPad.
- TweetDeck [Free] – Social networking is integral to blogging. TweetDeck allows you to keep track of multiple feeds. TweetDeck allows you direct message, retweet, favorite or reply from a tweet. If you have great content, TweetDeck will shorten URLs. You can upload photos and even geocode your tweets. Keep track of trends and perform searches with TweetDeck.
- Early Edition [$4.99] – Get the latest headlines using Early Edition. You can check out new developments from Twitter, Forums, Websites and Blogs. Skim through headlines, tapping on the screen when you want to retrieve the full story. You can set aside your reading for later or fetch all of the headlines for a marathon news session.
- DropBox [Free] – Retrieve presentations, documents, and video from your Dropbox account using your iPad. You can share your files with other applications, save them for offline viewing, and easily transfer your photos from the iPhone to the iPad. You can keep a library on your home computer and share it through your entire wireless network.
You are no longer confined to your desktop when it comes to creating great blog posts. You can upload your content from Timbuktu or Toledo. With new apps being added daily, you are only limited by your imagination.