You might have seen a warm Greeting message on most of the WordPress blogs when you visit there from various referring sites. That greeting message is possible by a plugin for WordPress blogs. We don’t have such feature for blogger blogs. But now blogger users can also greet their visitors as Kaushik from Classic Tutorials made it possible for blogger blogs too. He made a WordPress style greet box for blogger blogs and named it as Blogger Greet Box. Have a look at the screenshot below :
This plugin lets you show a different greeting message to your visitors depending on their referer URL.
Suppose a visitor is referred to your blog from Google. It will display a greet message like :
Welcome Googler! If you find this page useful,you might want to Subscribe to RSS Feed to have updates.
These targeted suggestions will help your blog increase exposure, loyal readership, and reader interaction. So all together it should increase your page hits. This plugin will also help to increase your RSS readers.
Features of Blogger Greet Box
- Show a different greeting message to your visitor depending on the referer URL.
- Beautiful set of icons.
- Shows a default greeting message if the user hits the URL directly or comes from a referer which is not specified.
- Ability to remove the message when the user navigates within the same site so we do not keep nagging them with greeting messages.
- Currently the following referrers are installed :
How to install Blogger Greet Box
Follow the steps given below to install this plugin to your blogger blog :
- First sign in to your blogger blog and go to
Dashboard -> Layout -> Edit HTML
and then click on Expand Widget Templates
- Find the following code :
- Now copy and paste the following code below <div class=’post-header-line-1’/> :
NOTE : Replace the feed URL with your own feed URL. Search for “List your domains where you don’t want to show up” and replace it with your domain name.
- That’s all. Save your template and see your blog for changes !!