TuneUp Utilities is the best software to optimize the performance of your PC. Instead of increasing your PC performance it also customize your windows, solve problems, clean up unnecessary data and more. It also defragment your hard disk and registry to make your PC run faster. It is a must have utility for Windows users to tweak their windows.
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it is fast. It normally takes less than a second to run and contains NO Spyware or Adware!
CCleaner cleans the following Windows components:
- Internet Explorer : Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox : Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Google Chrome : Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Opera : Temporary files, history, cookies.
- Safari : Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
- Windows : Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner : Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more… also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications : Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more…
- 100% Spyware FREE : This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
The files on your PC will become fragmented every time you use your computer. It means that these files are split into millions of pieces and it occurs even more when they are modified. So whenever you access the file or even read the file, it takes much longer time than necessary. This is because Windows has to first collect each peace of the file before you can access it. It makes your PC slower than usual. It also leads to slower boot.
Defragging your computer puts the pieces of your files back together into a single piece. A defragmented computer will boot quicker, files will be accessed faster, and your applications will not hang. A good disk defragger will not only defragment, but will also consolidate the free space on your drives into one large piece so when you create a new file, there will be enough free space to save that file in a single piece, rather than fragmenting right away. Defrag for a faster computer and a healthy PC.