Before starting this article I would like to tell you that this post is neither about any hack nor about any software. I’ve personally used this method and few of my friends are using it and has now increased their Internet speed two times i.e now they get double speed in the same price. There are few things you should know before this tutorial starts :
- I do not know whether this method is applicable in all the cities of India or not
- This method is 100% legal
- I’ve tried this method with 128 kbps only, so I’ve written this article according to that.
Lets start :
1. Pick up your landline phone and call customer care by dialing 4444121
2. Talk to the executive and say that you want to disconnect your Airtel connection. He/she will ask for the reason, tell them that you can get double speed (256kbps, unlimited) in the same rent in Reliance (or name any other company).
3. They will forward your call to other department that handles this types of issues, tell them the same story again along with the same reason.
4. Tell them that you want 256 kbps (unlimited) connection and the rent should be same as 128 kbps (unlimited) else close your account. Now, Airtel does not want to lose their customers, what they will do is, they will tell you about a special plan of 256 kbps (unlimited). This special plan has rent of Rs. 520 excluding and approx Rs. 580 including tax.
5. Tell them to activate this plan and within 48 hours your speed will be doubled in the same price.
This method is tried by me and three of my friends are using this special plan. Earlier I use to pay 599 for 128 kbps and now I pay 580 for 256 and that with unlimited downloading. So, if you are an Airtel user, call 4444121 now.
If the executive does not tell you about any such plan, call customer care again and talk to some other executive. It happened with me once, the executive refused to give me any discount, I disconnected the call, talked to other executive and got my job done.
[Editor’s Note: This post is submitted by guest author Gagan. He blogs about Windows, blogging, Google Adsense and photoshopping at BeepTheGeek. You too can write a guest article here.]
Woah, you guys are paying 580 for 128 kbps? That’s about Rs 1250 Sri Lankan Rupees. We get 512 kbps for about the same price.
.-= e4c5´s last blog ..Twitter Search API inconsistency =-.
That’s great that you are getting 512 kbps for the same price 🙂
I am using IDEA 99RS per week package. I guess it is better than Airtel in speed.
.-= Ricky´s last blog ..Make FireFox Secure Using KeyScrambler FireFox Plugin =-.
What speed are you getting in your plan ?
Thanks for sharing the trick. My friend have airtel, I try with him
.-= Blog4Boys´s last blog ..American Pie The Book of Love  DVDRip-XTR =-.
Nice One but I have 2 MBPS Unlimited in 900 bucks
Gr8, Which plan and provider ? Plz tell.
.-= Mayur´s last blog ..Video â€“ New Google Chrome Ad =-.
hello sir tell which company is providing that much speed for 900 bucks. please… i am waiting for your reply. do you know one thing i am getting 3.1 Mbps for 750 bucks
in bsnl EV-DO.
it seems to be a great trick, hopefully it works on 512 kbps plan
.-= Gaurav´s last blog ..The Power of Trash in WordPress =-.
You can try it on 512 kbps plan and let us know if it works or not ?
But can’t help me.
I use 4kbps :(((
4 kbps is too slow !!! do you use GPRS connection ?
Even then I stream videos from YouTube well on my 3G phone.
and post my blogs. When i will start earning money through adsense I will take a 3G service.
.-= Shekhar Sahu´s last blog ..Increase Your System Memory Upto 8x or More! =-.
this is really a great trick, may be I’ll try this. thanks for info
Really loved reading this article, I’ll keep checking back for more news soon, I’ve bookmarked your website for future reference!
Thats a cool way. Thanks Simran.
.-= Amal Roy´s last blog ..4 Tools To Protect USB Flash Drive/Pendrives From Virus =-.