Mozilla has just released the Firefox 6 beta for download. Firefox 6 beta is now officially available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android users. Firefox 6 beta is released just few days after the release of Firefox 5. This release introduces innovative tools to help developers build rich and compelling Web experiences.
Latest Firefox 6 beta includes following changes:
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved usability of the Web Console
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
Among all these changes the most noticeable changes is that Firefix now highlights the domain name of the website that you are visiting. It means it will only highlight the domain name of the website while the other part of the domain name will be displayed in grey color.