While the iPhone and the iPad are fantastic devices they can’t do everything, partly because of the architecture and partly because Apple is quite strict on what they allow us to do. One of the things you can’t do with an iPhone or iPad in its stock format is to play your favorite games from Gameboy Advance but that changed with jailbreaking. According to a popular rewarded play review, several emulators appeared in Cydia that allowed us to do just that and then one made its way into the iOS app store, GBA4iOS. Although it isn’t in the app store anymore, you can still use this emulator.
What is GBA4iOS?
GBA4iOS is an emulator app that, until iOS 8, could be downloaded from the official store. It worked by using a forgotten exploit, but Apple found it and patched it, forcing GBA4iOS to close down. It’s back though, following extensive redevelopment and now you don’t need a jailbreak, nor do you need the iOS app store to download it. V2.0 has already enjoyed well over 10 million downloads, with users playing GBA, GB, and GBC games to their heart’s content and now you can do the same. Before we look at how to download it, let’s look at the top features of GBA4iOS:
GBA4iOS Features :
Because it uses many of the tools that the iOS SDK provides, GBA4iOS can offer users an immersive and smooth experience, with more features than most of the emulator apps put together. Those features include:
- GBA4iOS is a user-friendly emulator, easy to download and navigate
- You don’t need to jailbreak
- Sync with Dropbox
- Has support for Airplay
- Has support for cheat codes
- Works on all iOS devices on iOS 7 or above
- Has support for Wireless Linking
- Multiple skins, including custom controller skins
- New icon logo
- Has a browser built-in
- Several different Save States
- Sustain button
- Event distribution
- Controller vibration mode
- URL scheme support
- Has support for external iOS 7 controllers
- Updated regularly
- Fast Forward
- Play thousands of GBA/GB/GBC games all on your iOS device
- Plenty more features
GBA4iOS offers a gaming experience that is as close to the console experience as possible and, with no jailbreak needed and support for iOS 7 through to iOS 11 on all devices, GBA4iOS is open to all users.
How to Download GBA4iOS :
Although GBA4iOS can’t be downloaded through the iOS app store anymore, nor through Cydia for most users, there is an easy way to get it. All you need to do is download Emus4U, a third-party app installer that offers a selection of different emulators alongside GBA4iOS. Here’s how to get it:
- On your iPhone or iPad, Download Emus4U full guide in the linked post
- Open Emus4U on your device and run a search for GBA4iOS
- Click the result that tallies up with your iOS device, version
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- When GBA4iOS is installed, you can start playing your favorite GBA games
GBA4iOS is dead simple to download and use and gives you free access to the tools needed to play al your favorite GBA games. Emus4U has other emulators in it too so explore, see what you can find and get busy with plenty of support for all consoles.
Do tell us how you get on with GBA4iOS, does it do what you hoped? You can follow us on Facebook for all the latest jailbreak and other news and more tips like this one.