If a nofollow tag is added to a link, it will prevent search engines like Google, Yahoo, MSN from indexing that link. So after exchanging your blog’s link with other blogs, you must check for nofollow tag. You must only exchange link with other bloggers if they are giving you a dofollow backlink otherwise there is no benefit of exchanging link with others.
How to check for nofollow tag
- Right click anywhere in your Firefox browser and select View Page Source ( Or simply press Ctrl + U ).
- Now in source window, press Ctrl + F and search for ‘nofollow’ . If you can not find nofollow tag, it means that the blog is a dofollow blog .
It is the easiest method to check for nofollow tags. This method requires that you are using Firefox browser.
- First install SearchStatus add-on to your Firefox browser.
- After installation, restart your browser.
- Now you can see a SearcgStatus icon on the status bar. Right click on this icon and click on Highlight Nofollow Links.
- All the nofollow links on the website/blog will be highlighted. Have a look at the screenshot:
If you have any other method to easily check nofollow tags, you can share it with us