Guest post by Rahul
Do you think your ad placement is good and aggressive? The more aggressive is your ad placement the more money you will make from your website. This article is only for ad placement and testing. I am not bothered about your present traffic and SEO and where exactly traffic is coming from.
You can make money from
- CPC (Cost per click): This includes Adsense, yahoo, msn, chitika, adbrite etc
- CPM (Cost per thousand impressions): Tribal fusion, Burst media, komli etc.
- CPA (Cost per Action): Many CPM companies also give CPA type advertisements.
CPC Based Advertisements
First you need to test how effective is your ad placement in your theme. Normally blogger and webmaster put their ads
- Under post title.
- After post title.
- Right side bar large rectangle and few links.
Unusual places to monetize
- Top banner in logo.
- Bottom of page.
- In the Footer.
- Right side bar.
- Inside post content.
In Text Advertisements
So, If you already used three Adsense ad unit. Then you can use another type of advertisement like in-text links like kontera, infolinks, echotopic, adbrite, linkworth etc. You should always consider this as additional source of income.
- If, there is drastic reduction in your present Adsense revenue. Then you can remove this type of advertisement for few days and test again. We don’t want less earnings in our primary source of income. Which is Adsense and other CPC based income.
- Keep an eye on your bounce rate. Bounce rate should not shoot all of a sudden.
CPM Based Advertisements
Once you crossed many thousand page view per day. You should think about CPM (cost per mill) based advertisements. This will be surely additional income in your website. You can put banners in right side bar, in footer, below footer, pop ups pop up window – only for search engine visitors etc. Cpm based advertisements is good for blog which has regular readers. CPM can be very effective once you reach many thousand page views per day. You are getting paid for every page view.
CPA Based Advertisements
This types of advertisements is little tough to monetize. But you can make more money as compared to CPM and CPC based advertisements. This advertisement need a lot of promotion and then someone will take any action like registration or buying some product.
Important points you should know
- Colors can affect your earning in CPC based advertisements.
- You should test fonts in Adsense according to your blog.
- Block MFA site advertisements in Google Adsense.
- Use channels to check individual performance of your ad units.
- Integrate analytic with Adsense and should add goals.
- Know which pages is ranking higher. And Should do SEO accordingly.
- Select CPM based advertisements carefully. Which will promise you to give decent cpm of $0.5.
- CPM advertisements should be use only when your blog get daily 1,000 page views.
- Lesser ads may result higher ecpm in Adsense. But lesser CTR.
- If you are not making significant money from CPA. Remove them because no use of putting useless banner. This will distract readers from reading content.
[Editor’s Note: This post is submitted by guest blogger Rahul. He blogs about Tech, Blogging Tips and SEO at Tech Buzz. This is his first post on TricksDaddy]