iOS 10.3 is the latest release from Apple and, rather than just being a bug fix, this is a feature packed release, including several enhancements and additions for developers, something that the Cupertino company is doing more and more these days. It is available for download right now and you can find all the instructions you need on how to Download iOS 10.3 at the linked article. This release comes not long after iOS 10.2.1, meaning Apple is continuing with their high-speed release cycle. Let’s look at what iOS 10.3 has to offer.
iOS 10.3 Features :
- Find My AirPods – new feature added to Find my iPhone and supports Play Sound and Location
- Cricket Scores – Siri will now pull the cricket score from the Indian Premier League and all International games for you
- SiriKit Enhancements – pay your bills, check payment status, schedule rides with Lyft Uber and more
- Reduce Motion in Safari – New Reduce Motion setting for web browsing using Safari
- New Widget – for the stock Podcast app
- CarPlay Shortcuts – Launch recently used apps from another app without going back to your home screen
- HomeKit Enhancements – New support added for programmable switch accessories
- Apple File System – updating to iOS 10.3 will put you on the new file system with no loss of existing data
- Security and Privacy – new section in the Settings app puts all your details and your Apple ID information in one place and lists your iCloud enabled devices
- Weather Forecast – Using 3D Touch you can get hourly weather forecasts from the weather icon in the Maps app for your current area
- App Ratings – Developers will be able to request that users leave their ratings and review from within the app instead of having to go to the app store and developers can also respond to app store reviews
- Color Coding in iCloud – Color-coded meter for iCloud storage usage has been added to Settings inside the new Security and Privacy section
As you can see, iOS 103 is packed with new features and updates, continuing Apple’s promise to keep the iOS running smoothly and introducing new features on a regular basis. If you are intending to update to iOS 10.3 do make sure that you back up your data through iCloud and iTunes first, just in case anything goes horribly wrong during the update.
Useful Links :
Let us know how you get on with iOS 10.3 and what you think of it. Don’t forget, you will only have a short window of time in which to downgrade if you don’t like it. Follow us on Facebook for more updates.