In keeping with their new way of working, of keeping the iOS as stable, bug-free and secure as they possibly can, the latest update to iOS 11 has just been released. iOS 11.2.2 download is now available for all users to download and is more of a security update than anything else. It is aimed at the 64-bit devices and is a fix for a bug called Spectre, reported just a few days back, that affects modern computer chips. The update contains updates to WebKit and to the Safari web browser, so owners of affected devices are urged to update immediately to ensure their devices remain secure and protected. There are three ways to update your device, here’s how:
Downloads iOS 11.2.2 :
Choose from these three methods , only use OTA if you are NOT intending to jailbreak iOS 11.2.2 in the future.
Method 1: OTA [ Over the Air ]
As the update is only a small one, this is the quickest method:
- Open Settings > General > Software Update on your iOS device
- Wait for your device to detect the update
- Tap on Download and Install
- Leave your device; when the update has finished, it will reboot
Method 2: iTunes
First, make sure you are running the most up to date version of iTunes – Launch iTunes, click on Help > Check for Updates and follow the on-screen instructions if an update is found. Also, make sure you back up your data through iTunes and/or iCloud:
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes
- Click the Device Summary for the connected device (if you have more than one registered)
- Click on Update and then Update again and wait for iOS 11.2.2 to be installed – your device will reboot when it is done
Method 3: iTunes with IPSW
- Download the iOS 11.2.2 IPSW that corresponds to your device, links below
- Connect your computer and device and launch iTunes
- Click the device summary for the connected device
- Now hold down the SHIFT or ALT key depending on whether you use Windows or Mac, and click on Restore in iTunes at the same time
- Find the IPSW you downloaded, click on it and then click on Update and Install
- When your device has been successfully updated, it will reboot
That’s it, all there is to it. It is easy to do and, as this is an important update, you should install it straight away.
For more updates and all the latest jailbreak news, you can follow us on Facebook.