Apple has today released the iOS 11.4 download, available for all users. As usual, there are three ways to download it and we’ll walk you through those in a short while. First, a look at what the new firmware is offering. Alongside the usual bug fixes and improvements, Apple has introduced a couple of new features.
- iCloud Messages – long-awaited, the feature is finally here. All Messages will be saved to your iCloud account and you will see only the latest ones on the device.
- Airplay 2 Multi-Room Support – Multi-room support allows you to output audio to multiple devices in different rooms at the same time
- HomePod Stereo Support – gives you the ability to add a further HomePod for stereo features.
You can download iOS 11.4 now in one of the following three ways:
How to Download iOS 11.4:
Choose any of these methods but, be aware, if you are looking to jailbreak iOS 11.4 , avoid using method 1, OTA, as it is not compatible with Cydia.
Before You Begin :
Before you download iOS 11.4, there are a few things you should do:
Update iTunes :
For the two iTunes methods to work, you must have the latest version of iTunes on your device. If you are not sure if you need to do this, open iTunes, click on Help>Check for Updatesand wait – if an update is found follow the onscreen instructions to download it.
You also need to disable your PAsscode and/or Touch ID and FInd my iPhone/iPad. To do that, open Settings>iCloud
Last but most important, back your data up before you begin!
Method 1: OTA
- Open Settings > General > Software Updateon your device
- Wait for the update to be found and tap on it
- Tap Download and Install
- When the update is done, your device will reboot
Method 2: iTunes
- Connect your device to your computer and launch iTunes
- If you have more than one registered device, click on the Device Summary for the connected device
- Click Update
- Click Update and Install
- Wait while iTunes updates and reboots your device
Method 3: iTunes with IPSW
- Download the IPSW file for your device
- Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes
- Click the Device Summary for the connected device
- Press the SHIFT(Windows) or ALT (Mac) key on your keyboard and click Restorein iTunes at the same time
- Find and click on the IPSW you downloaded
- Click on Installand leave your device to be updated – it will reboot when finished
iOS 11.4 IPSW Links:
We don’t expect to see any more big updates to iOS 11.4 and, given that WWDC 2008 is just around the corner, where iOS 12 will be unveiled, it was a bit of a surprise to see new features being released now. Don’t expect too much good news in the way of jailbreaks because things are not looking any better than they were last year. The only hope we have is that, once iOS 12 is underway, Apple will leave iOS 11 alone long enough for the developers to see if there is anything they can use.
Let us know if you run into any trouble with the iOS 11.4 download and follow us on Facebook for more updates.