Skype has recently released Skype 3.0 for iPhone and iPod Touch with video calling feature. Now you will be able to make video calls from your iPhone to PC using video calling feature of Skype 3.0. The video calling feature works over 3G or Wi-Fi connections only.
The 2-way video calling feature can be enjoyed on iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch (4th Generation). But the users with iPod Touch (3rd Generation) and iPads can only receive video and can’t send the video.
The video calling feature on Skype 3.0 works in both portrait and landscape mode and use both front and back cameras.
- Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G
- Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
- Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
- Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
- Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
- Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
The Skype app is totally free of cost and you can Download it from iTunes.