How many times you decided to switch to Gmail but you fear that you will lose your old emails and contacts. Because of this fear you rejected the shift to Gmail. But now Gmail has introduced a new feature. Using this feature you can import your emails and contacts from other email providers including Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and many more and you can easily migrate to Gmail.
You can also have your messages forwarded from your old account to new Gmail account for 30 days. So its much easier to migrate your old account.
How to import email and contacts to Gmail?
- To import your old email and contacts, first of all sign in to your Gmail account and click on Settings tab at top right corner.
- Now click on Accounts and Import and after that click on Import mail and contacts.
- A new window will open. Enter the email address from which you want to import your email and contacts.
- Now you have to select from the options – Import contacts, Import mail, Import new mail for next 30 days and Add label to all imported mail.
- Click on Start import and all your emails and contacts from old email will be transferred to new Gmail account.
This new feature is available in all newly created Gmail accounts and it is slowly being rolled out to all existing accounts.