The next public jailbreak is looking very elusive right now, with no word on whether we can expect to see an iOS 10 jailbreak in the near future or not. While we have seen proof of jailbreaks, particularly from Luca Todesco on iOS 10 and iOS 10.0.1, these will not be released publicly and we have heard nothing from the official jailbreak teams. This isn’t unusual as they prefer not to talk about their work until they are ready to release it but that doesn’t make the jailbreak community feel any better about the distinct lack of a jailbreak at the present time.
Image : Mojo Installer
Not everyone wats to go through the process of jailbreaking but they still want to be able to add a few features to the stock iOS. The answer to those and while we wait for a new jailbreak is in an app installer called Mojo Installer . Similar to Extensify, Mojo offers a bit more than the stock iOS but nowhere near as much as Cydia. However, it is a decent alternative and can fill the gap quite nicely while we wait:
Mojo Installer Features :
- Will work without a jailbreak
- Will work on iOS 9 through to iOS 10+
- Provides a good number of external tweaks and apps that can’t be found in the app store
- Gives you a Quick Search feature for finding tweaks and apps faster
- Allows you to add new sources, similar to Cydia
- Gives you a way of tracking your download history
- Can be deleted easily
You can’t just download Mojo from the app store so you will need to follow our instructions if you want it on your iOS device .
Mojo Installer Errors :
While most people can use this without any trouble, you might be unlucky enough to come up against one or two errors. None are serious and they can all be easily solved. The first error is a Profile Installation Failed error and the steps to fix it can be found at the given link. The second error is a certificate error and you will find that downloaded apps don’t run if his happens.
To fix it, go to Settings > General > Profile on your iOS device and locate the app that is causing trouble, Tap on Trust and it will work properly.
How to Use Mojo Installer on iOS 10 :
- Launch the Mojo app
- Search for the tweak or app you wan
- Add more sources if you want more choice
- Follow all the instructions on-screen to download and install your chosen apps and tweaks
Let us now if you think Mojo will provide an interim answer while we wait for an iOS 10 jailbreak. Follow us on Facebook.