Most of the well established bloggers are using self hosted WordPress blogs as it provides a hell lot of features. Google’s blogger may be less in features but it is still the first choice for those who want to start their first blog without spending money. WordPress users can easily make their blogs mobile friendly using various plugins available for the same purpose. Now blogger users can also make their blogs mobile friendly as blogger team has announced new mobile blogger templates.
Mobile blogger templates are nothing but mobile-optimized versions of Template Designer templates. When enable mobile template option and you are using any of these templates on your blog, your blog will begin rendering using the mobile version of the same variant. If you are using a customized template on your blog, you can still enable this feature to have your blog start rendering in a generic default mobile template.
To enable the mobile template option go to Dashboard > Settings > Email & Mobile tab and click on Yes. On mobile devices, show the mobile version of my template and make your blog mobile phone friendly.
Features of mobile blogger templates:
- Preview: Get a glimpse of how your blog will be displayed by clicking on the Mobile Preview button. You can also see it on your smartphone by scanning the QR-code.
- Automatic redirection: Viewers will see the mobile version of your blog when accessing from smartphones*.
- Template support: We are now supporting all 27 templates. Some gadgets are also supported**.
- Mobile ads: Mobile AdSense ads will be displayed at the top of the post pages and at the bottom of the index page if the blog has an AdSense gadget or in-line blog ads.
- Comments and videos: Viewers on smart-phone devices will be able to make comments and watch videos.
So do let us know what do you think about these new mobile blogger templates? [via: Official Blogger Blog]