TinyUmbrella is one of the most powerful tools ever released, used to help us save SHSH blobs when we update our devices and then downgrade those devices to an earlier firmware. Read on for all the details to use TinyUmbrella app.
Click the Download button above to download TinyUmbrella to your iOS device
How To Save Your SHSH Blobs :
TinyUmbrella is the only way to save SHSH blobs for the purpose of downgrading to an earlier firmware. You should get into the habit of using the tool every time you update your firmware, no matter how small the update is.
TinyUmbrella has full support for both Mac and Windows PC; choose the version that goes with your operating system. Download for Mac and Windows from the download button above.
Saving your SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella couldn’t be easier since the tool does most of the work for you:
- Plug your iOS device into your Mac or PC
- Open TinyUmbrella and wait until it has detected your connected device
- If it doesn’t, disconnect your device, close TinyUmbrella and then try again
- Once your device has been successfully detected, TinyUmbrella will search the device for SHSH blobs and save them to an external file.
It is important to remember that TinyUmbrella will only save SHSH blobs for a firmware that is still being signed by Apple. If you are using an old firmware that is no longer being signed, the blobs cannot be saved. This is why you should save your blobs EVERY TIME you update your iOS firmware version.
- All SHSH blobs are saved to one file called ~/.tu .shsh.
- All known device details are recorded in another file called ~/.tu/ .known_devices.
- There are three types of SHSH blob – OTA, Erase (Restore), an Update (Restore).
How to Fix Device in Recovery Mode :
There are a number of reasons why you may need to place your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode but the last thing you want is to get stuck in it. Normally, the only way to get out of it would be to restore your device and, unless you backed everything up beforehand, you will lose all your data and settings.
With TinyUmbrella, you have a great tool that can get you out of recovery mode with the least amount of hassle and without wiping everything. Here’s how:
- Download TinyUmbrella for Mac or PC
- Plug your iPhone or iPad in recovery mode into your computer with the correct cable and, if iTunes opens, close it.
- Launch TinyUmbrella and wait until it has detected your device – you will see an on-screen message telling you a device in recovery has been found
- Click on the button that says Exit Recovery and TinyUmbrella will free your device and then reboot it.
Check; all your settings and data should be intact, exactly as it was before you entered recovery mode.
How to Downgrade Your iPhone :
The other reason for TinyUmbrella is to help you downgrade your iPhone to an earlier version of the iOS firmware. Here’s how you do that:
- Make a folder called Pwnage on your desktop
- Download TinyUmbrella for Mac or PC and save it in your new folder
- Download the IPSW file for the iOS firmware you want to downgrade to and save it in the same Pwnage file
- Open the folder and open TinyUmbrella by tapping the app icon
- Connect your iPhone and wait for TinyUmbrella to detect it
- You should now see a list of all the SHSH blobs saved for the firmware you want to downgrade to. If there aren’t any, you haven’t any saved. Click the button that says Save SHSH
- If there are some, click on Start TSS Server. If the server won’t start, do NOT go any further. If it does start, continue with these steps
- Open iTunes on your computer and put your iPhone into DFU mode. Here’s how to do that:
- Hold the Home and Power buttons down at the same time
- Hold for 10 seconds before releasing the power button; continue holding the Home button for a further 10 seconds – your device is now in DFU mode
- If you have two or more registered devices, click the connected one in the left-hand menu in iTunes
- Hold down the SHIFT (Windows) or ALT (Mac) key on your keyboard while clicking Restore in iTunes
- Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded (in your Pwnage folder) and click on it
- Click Open and iTunes will begin downgrading your device
You will now need to be patient; do NOT touch your device while the downgrade is in process. When its all done, your iPhone will reboot.
TinyUmbrella is one tool that you can’t afford to miss out, given everything it can do. Download it today and start taking advantage of all the great features. Tell us if you run into any trouble with it and follow us on Facebook for more tips like this.