Few days back Google released its new social networking site Google+. Most of us who got the invitation to Google+ are already experiencing it. Some of us like it but others dislike it. From the WordPress developer point of view one thing that I like the most about this theme is its simple and clean layout. So today I am going to release a free WordPress theme WP Plus based on the layout of Google+.
WP Plus is designed exactly like the design of Google plus. It is a 3 column WordPress theme with two sidebars and one content area. One sidebar is on left and the other is on right.
The theme loads really fast because it don’t uses any graphics at all. WP Plus is compatible with WordPress Custom Menus and Custom Background. You can easily change the links that appear in the navigation bar from the dashboard page without editing the coding of the theme. You can also change the background from dashboard if required.
Features of WP Plus
- Based on Google+
- xHTML and CSS valid
- WordPress Custom Menus compatible
- WordPress Custom Background compatible
- Fixed width
- 3 Columns
- SEO Optimized
- Styled sticky post
- Fast loading
- No graphics at all
- Free of cost
- Download and extract the wp plus.zip file to your hard disk.
- Now upload the wp plus folder to ‘http://yourblogname.com/wp-content/themes/’ directory using any FTP program.
- Sign in to your WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance -> Themes.
- Activate the WP Plus theme from the themes page.
The CSS, XHTML and design is released under GPL: