Jailbreaking is something that many thousands of iOS users do to make their iOS devices unique, to provide features and functions that Apple is a bit slow on letting users have. There are quite a few users who simply don’t want to jailbreak but they still want to be able to modify their devices to a certain extent. iFile is one of the most downloaded of all Cydia apps simply because it gives us a way into the file system on our iOS devices and this is something that Apple simply will not allow you to do.
In the absence of a jailbreak that we can all use, we have turned to a method that is fast becoming popular, a way of getting some jailbreak tweaks onto our devices without needing to install a jailbreak first. That method is using Cydia Impactor and we are going to show you how to use it to get iFile onto your iPhone or iPad. Although, in case you need an iPhone back glass repair take a look at the nearest shop website for more information.
How to Download iFile :
For this process, you will need a computer with Windows or Mac OS and a valid Apple ID:
- Download the iFile .ipa file for the iFile app
- Download Cydia Impactor
- To find out to get files onto your iOS device using Cydia Impactor, follow the instructions in the linked article, make sure you follow them exactly
- When you have completed the process and iFile is on your iOS device, you will still not be able to use it until you have completed one last step
- Open your Settings app and go to General > Profiles & Device Management
- Look for iFile on the list of certificates and tap on it
- Tap the Trust button and then tap Trust again
- You should now be able to use iFile by launching it from the icon
If you are used to the jailbreak method of installing iFile, you will find that this method does not use root user access and, as such, iFile is sandboxed. This means there are limits placed on which directories and files you can access as well as those that you can write to. However, the level of access you do get is more than Apple allows you to have so you don’t have anything to lose by installing it. For more up to the minute news and tutorials, follow us on Facebook.