To find the font used on a particular text on any webpage, a user needs to view the source code of the page. It may be easy task for webmasters but for normal internet users this method is very complex. Today I will share a Firefox add-on that simplify this task and let you view the font used by right-click only.
Font Finder is a Firefox add-on that lets you easily find the font used on a selected text on any webpage. Simply highlight the text and right-click to find the font used on that text. Font finder not just find the font type but it explain other properties of the text too.
Here are all the properties that Font Finder can explain about the selected text:
- Color: It can find hex color, RGB color and background-color.
- Font: Font family and font size.
- Spacing: Find the line height, vertical align, letter spacing, word spacing properties.
- Decoration/Transformation: UNder Decoration/Transformation it shows properties like font weight, font style, font variant, text transform, text decoration, text align and text indent of highlighted text.
- Element Details: Element’s type, class and ID.
Font Finder Firefox add-on provides one more important functionality. It can copy element’s properties directly by right-click. It can copy properties like Hex color, Font family, Font size, ID, Class or all data of highlighted text.
SO Font Finder do more than just finding the font of selected text. It is a must have plugin for web developers and it works with Firefox version 1.5 – 4.0.